Job Title: Player Development Coordinator
Place of Work: Dundee, Perth, and Angus
Status: 25-30 hours per week
Hours of Work: Evenings and Weekends (sessions between 4pm-7pm midweek and 9am-11am weekends) – 12 hours per week on average AND Administration work 18 hours per week (flexible work schedule)
Reporting to: Head of Development/ Franchisee – Dundee, Perth, and Angus
Key Relationships: Assistant Player Development Coordinator, All Technical Development Coaching Staff, All players from 5-to-15 years old.
Salary: £15,000 – £20,000 per annum
Start Date: 4th April 2022
Summary / Purpose of the Job
In the direction of leading and enhancing the learning experience and performance development of BOX Soccer Training players. These players range from 5-to-15 years old, that join from levels of professional youth, grassroots, and participation. In this role, we are looking for a dedicated Player Development Coordinator to join the management team at BOX. In which this applicant will coordinate day-to-day activities including delivery of BOX, communicate with external stakeholders and staff, develop coaches, create relationships with external stakeholders’ infrastructures and to enhance the development of the company.
Main Responsibilities / Description of Duties
- Deliver high quality coaching adequately to the relevant age and stage of players you are coaching, whilst following the coaching programme and philosophy of Box Soccer Training.
- Understand and gain knowledge of the Box Soccer Training practises and ensure knowledge of session and curriculum structures are kept up to date.
- Adhere to ensuring your session has progressive practices with the ball moving for minimum of 75% of the session, guaranteeing players over 1000 touches every hour they are with us.
- Take responsibility for sessions, with the ability to encounter potential issues and complaints that will require you to use your knowledge of the process that are operated within Box Soccer Training.
- Lead by example in ensuring all players leave the session with learning something new and have has a fulfilling and enjoyable experience.
- Lead and support other Technical Development Coaches in training.
- When appropriate complete and submit all session plans including session objectives and post-session evaluation.
- To have strong communication with players, but also reporting staff.
- Attend and contribute to all appropriate coach education days and deliver sessions where required.
- To take responsibility for the care and maintenance of all training equipment.
- Abide by all Box Soccer Training policies including to ensure safeguarding, equality and health & safety is always maintained.
Experience, Qualifications and Personal Attributes
- Scottish FA Children’s Award and or UEFA/Scottish FA C License (at least working towards).
- Enthusiastic about football and developing young football players ages 5-to-15 years old.
- Experience in business side to coordinating sessions, events, and projects.
- Interest of progressing as a football, and to be willing to professional development through coach education.
- Experience in working within of football programmes involving young people.
- Ability to adapt with challenging situations on and off the pitch.
- Excellent people skills, and the ability to communicate with a variety of people.
- Ability to work on your own and as part of a coaching team.
- Competent on Microsoft Applications.
- Good organisational and time keeping skills.
- Proven to be self-motivated
- Commitment to performance, responsibility, and strong awareness fairness and equality.
- Further education in relevant field (i.e., HND, degree, honours, additional courses)
- Scottish FA Advanced Children’s License.
- UEFA B License.
- Child and Wellbeing, Equality and Mental Health in Scottish Football or equivalent.
- National Sports First Aid Certificate.
- Additional skill set to coaching that can enhance other areas of the technical development programme.
- Full driving licence and access to a car.
- PVG Member.
- Knowledge of Box Soccer Training.
- Experience of working with CANVA design application.
- Experience with Heja app and GoCardless payment system
- Full Box Soccer Training kit.
- Box Soccer Training Coach Education.
- Continuous mentorship that will enhance coaches’ performance and help shape philosophy and various values for coaching youth football players.
- Performance reviews to track coach and coordination progress.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Head of Development/ Franchisee, Kit Bremner email@example.com by 5pm on Monday 28th March 2022.